Broken and Crushed

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

27 July, 2006

Psalm A

1My soul cries out to you my God,
listen to me in my time of uncertainty.
2Where can I go but to you, O Lord;

life without you is meaningless.
3Why do I not know you?

Why do I not hear your voice?

4My body has become lifeless;
there is no joy in me.
5My heart is filled with bitterness;
anger saturates my soul.
6My mind is full of confusion;
blurred are my thoughts.


7My entire being is downcast;
it is fully weighed down.
8My eyes struggle to stay open,

my mind wanders aimlessly.
9My body does not want to rise;

it aches under the weight of my burden.

10In you, O Lord, can I put my trust;
I can depend on no other.
11I gain no benefit from man's concern for me,

his best intentions cause more pain.
12The encouragement of friends is like insults to my ears;

the kind words of companions are offensive when I hear them.

13I call to you like a child in great need,
I cry out for direction like a lost sheep in trouble.
14Leave not your child to die,
let not one from your flock perish.
15Listen to my call like a loving father;
hear my cry like a concerned shepherd.

I6I have despised your word, O Lord,
surely I have turned from you.

17From you my eyes have drifted;
sin has defiled my soul.

I8I have fought against you like a rebellious son;
I have resisted you like a defiant servant.

19Look upon your repentant son with mercy;
view your remorseful servant through your eyes of grace.
20Do not give up on me, my Lord;
do not abandon me now.

21Have compassion on your prodigal son;
receive him back with gladness.

22Let not the sin within me take me to the pit,
do not let it drag me down.

23Clean the sin from my heart,
wash the iniquities from my soul.

24Do not count my sin against me;
remember it no more.

25How thoroughly you know me, O God,
but you, I do not know.

26Reveal yourself to me my Lord;
my soul longs to know you.

27Breathe your life into me;
revive my heart.

28Lead me on the paths of life, my Lord;
show me your righteous ways.

29Fill my heart with gladness,
my soul with joy.

30Order my steps, O Lord,
and I will serve you all the days of my life.


4 June 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home