Broken and Crushed

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

17 September, 2006

It's a Dark World

Recently I went through a frustrating experience. As I went through this dark stage the lights were dim. Everything around me was unfamiliar but I continued on in faith until I lost sight of where I was going. When I realised that I was heading for trouble I tried to stop but it was too late. My momentum in this fast paced world caused me to slide uncontrollably in this wrong direction. My joy and defence were shattered as my life flashed before my eyes. My heart and soul plummeted as I was forced down against the ground. But, as everything around me came to a halt, the saints continued to praise God. My body ached as I tried to free myself from the mess I was in. I managed to clamber back to the safety of the place from which I strayed. My ordeal in this dark valley had left me torn apart but throughout this experience I couldn’t reach those who I loved. Strangers did however see my distress and they lovingly supported me in my time of need. God was watching the whole time and He spared my life. I am once again grateful for His unfailing mercy which I still cannot fully understand.

We all go through dark times at various stages of life. We think that we can make it through these valleys with a small amount of light. We become satisfied with the light (revelation) that we have and we don’t seek to get more. But we must realise that we are putting ourselves in danger. We should be seeking more and more light. Jesus (the Word of God - John 1:1) declares in John 12:46; “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.” John 8:12; “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” Jesus, our Saviour and light, is the one in whom we must be seeking to know more. The closer we get to Jesus, the more we will see as our vision and understanding become clearer, and our faith increases. An unclear vision will cause us confusion and misunderstanding but by becoming familiar with the Word of God (Bible) our eyes will see and understand more clearly the things around about us. Psalm 119:130; “The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.” Psalm 119:105; “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.”

John 3:19; “This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.” Let us not be one of those who love darkness but let us seek to live in the glorious light of our Saviour.

2 Comments:

At Sun Sept 17, 11:22:00 pm NZST, Blogger chingwen said...

ya .. God's so merciful ... till no i still don't understand y He loves me so much...

 
At Tue Sept 19, 04:23:00 pm NZST, Blogger chingwen said...

1000 years!!! 24!!! crazy la ... but hey ... Thank God that u survived la ... Shine for HIM forever!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home